Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Salad with grilled shrimp



I had shrimp in my scrambled egg for lunch, and for dinner it is salad with grilled shrimp. I LOVE shrimp! wink I love it any way it comes!

Time: 54 minutes
Servings: 2

1/4 cup lemon juice, divided

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, divided

1/4 teaspoon salt, divided

1/4 teaspoon red-flakes, divided

1 cup large shrimp, peeled and deveined

1 bag (about 2.5 cups) Field Greens salad or other mixed baby greens

1/2 cup cilantro leaves

1/2 cup sliced black olives

1/2 cup grape tomatoes

2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil


1. In medium bowl, whisk 2 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pinch of pepper flakes. Stir in the shrimp. Let stand to marinate at room temperature, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, in serving bowl, combine salad greens, cilantro, olives, and grape tomatoes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

3. In small bowl, whisk together olive oil and remaining 2 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper flakes.

4. Lightly oil grill pan and preheat over medium heat. Grill shrimp for about 2 minutes on each side, or until bright pink and just opaque throughout. Toss shrimp with greens and dressing.

Exchanges: 1 veg, 3 meat, 1 1/2 fat

5 comments:

Ummi365 said...

Hi puteri,

i saw ur link from cat cat.. i sure will do this..looks tempting..dah lah tengah ganti puasa ni hehehe

Beachlover said...

Puteri ,did u get apporoval from Foodbuzz yet?I like your salad with shrimp,I'm seafood freak!!

DCampbell aka Puteri said...

Ummi, you buat la for buka puasa nanti! Easy to make and quick!

Beachlover, I have to fax them the agreement. I haven't done it yet.

Anonymous said...

Puteri,

It was delicious! Please make it again when the avocadoes are ripe!

Douglas 210

Bentoist said...

Oh I think I saw bahasa melayu or bahasa indonesia there. Starting to puasa already?